I look back at this year fondly; MMJ took a step back and did less events than our usual. This allowed us to focus on the events we had, goal plan for the future of MMJ, and grow Aiden & Grace. You know I’m not big on blogging, but I have to admit I look forward to this one every year. It’s fun to look back and here I am 10 years in and still so grateful this is what I get to do for a living.
Heather and I hit the West Coast to do some planning for a very special destination wedding. We did a good balance of work and play. Top 10 highlights from the trip…
1. We stayed at the iconic Roosevelt hotel
2. Multiple visits to In & Out….enough said
3. We went to both Found and Revelry. If that wasn’t enough to make my heart so happy, guess who was at Revelry…MINDY WEISS!!! She was the cherry to our trip. P.S. her “mock ups” are the scale of my full weddings (insane)
5. Our tasting at Room Forty. Best tasting I’ve ever had. We were there for 4 hours, got a little tipsy, and saw where Cardi B shot her video.
6. We drove through Malibu to look for places to stay in June. We found some of the cutest spots. The Surfrider was one of my favorites. We didn’t end up staying here, but highly suggest it (so cute!)
7. Wu Spa…I would need a whole post to explain, but we laughed until my stomach hurt.
8. The Pink Wall
9. Casa De Perrin. I have fan girled over this company for years!!
10. We got a salad shake on like a Kardashian at the Health Nut. It honestly was delicious
Needless to say we started 2019 off in the best way.
We had the most adorable kids Valentine’s shoot at the Estate at New Albany
We didn’t have any events in March which allowed time to prepare for the years events and sprinkled a little R&R with a spring break to Florida
We had our first MMJ Event of the year. It was extra sweet because the venue the client selected was our very own Aiden & Grace space. It was so fun for our team to transform the space for this very special 18th birthday.
We did our first large fundraiser event for the 3rd & Goal Foundation. As well as a grand opening for Jaguar/Land Rover of Easton
June was a crazy with two graduation party, an over the top Miami themed birthday for a client, an LOL 5th birthday for my sweet girl, an open house at Magnolia Hill for my life long friend, and a destination wedding in Malibu. I’m tired just thinking about it again, but we survived and killed it if I do say so myself.
Wanna see more of our dream Malibu wedding? Check out the blog post here
We did a beautiful wedding at the Darby House for the new Mr. and Mrs. Noah Spielman
August was another busy month with an adorable first birthday party, a day of coordination at the Estate at New Albany, and one of our favorite weddings of the year for Sarah and Ross at High Line Car House
if you want to see more of this gorgeous day, check out the full post here
We were fall heavy on events. September brought two 1st birthdays and two lovely weddings.
Love these girls more than they know <3
October brought us a beautiful baby shower for a beautiful mama to be
November bought us a warm and cozy Joanna Gaines inspired corporate holiday party at the Columbus Museum of Art
Thanks for reminiscing with us! We are so thankful to each one of our client for allowing us to be a part of their celebrations. We can’t wait to continue to grow in 2020!!
Happy New Years from the MMJ team